JEN JIS & FEDER ‘KEEP US APART’ FT. BRIGHT SPARKS
VASSY Releases Stunning Track “Somebody New” featuring Sultan + Shepard. Out on Armada Music
Off the back of last year’s killer collaboration with Afrojack (“LOST“), VASSY has lined up another stellar single that will turn heads. Now teaming up with Canadian Grammy nominees Sultan + Shepard, the Australian singer-songwriter has given rise to “Somebody New“, a pristine offering that seems destined for an A-list spot at the world’s biggest broadcasting stations. The Australian songstress truly shines on “Somebody New,” which differentiates itself from the progressive house mold with eclectic topline melodies over a groovy beat, polished off with VASSY‘s sultry vocals. Together with Sultan + Shepard, VASSY has created a track that feels intimate enough to sing your heart out to, but still uptempo enough to dance to on a night out.
“I’m so excited about this new release with Armada Music and Sultan + Shepard; “Somebody New” has a different vibe to all of my other songs. I always have fun in the studio with these two talented guys and, having had success alongside David Guetta with our multi-platinum record “Bad“, I wanted to create a unique sound and something intimate for the fans, revealing a more vulnerable side.”
Having earned her stripes through some of the most prized collaborations in dance music history, VASSY‘s vocals and songwriting craftsmanship seem to be instant hit material. As she hit #1 in Billboard’s Dance Club Charts and on U.S. Dance Radio with “Nothing To Lose” in 2016, her single “Secrets” (with Tiësto & KSHMR) had already sold six times platinum, won her an IDMA for “Best Electro House Record” in 2016 and topped off the charts (#1) in 24 countries. “Bad“, her anthem with David Guetta & Showtek (co-written by Sultan + Shepard as well), racked up more than a billion streams and two million downloads, becoming a global hit in over twenty countries, selling seven times double platinum – and officially RIAA certified gold – and winning her an IDMA for “Best Electronic Vocalist” in 2015. Stay tuned as VASSY continues her meteoric rise with more new music this year!
In an interview conducted with Michael Beas, CEO of Raver Magazine, she was asked, “You’re one of the most sought out vocalists in the world today. What do you feel is your biggest challenge as a vocalist and how do you overcome that challenge?”
Ultra Music Festival needs YOU to Celebrate 20 Amazing Years
by Kristine Kennedy
Photos by Michael Beas
Turning 20 is an important year of one’s youth. In the US, it means just one more year until you can legally order a drink (yay!) or be charged as an adult (yikes!). In Festival terms, turning 20 means you’ve done a damn good job at growing over the years and delivering your fans the most epic experiences. Ultra Music Festival has done just that year after year and we are giddy AF to see just what the talented team behind her production has in store to celebrate a 20th Birthday that Ultra Music Festival deserves!
We’ve rounded up 20 reasons why YOU should make sure you’re in attendance for the celebration. There’s still time to get a ticket and join in the party!
- Making amazing memories with your friends.
- Making new friends from all over the world!
- Showing off your best rave outfits.
- Bringing your flag so you can show off when Damian Pinto aka the VOICE of DANCE MUSIC asks you to hold up all those flags.
- Snagging a spot near the cameras swinging around in GA so you can say hi to your friends experiencing major fomo watching on the livestream from home.
- Go early to discover new artists.
- Basking in that beautiful Miami sun. And may we say without jinxing anything, the weather is looking to be fabulous this year! Be sure to bring sunscreen.
- Splurging for a VIP ticket is actually really worth it for the perks. VIP’s even get their own private entrance so they can zip right into the festival.
- There are mobile cell phone towers on site to save those ever-dying batteries!
- The lineup is GOLD. Plus, SHM reunion? Rumor or not, I wouldn’t want to miss that!
- The stage design is stunning. Side note – Ultra designs Main Stage completely in-house. Impressive!
- Seeing the beautiful Ultra Angels in person – eye candy for you guys in attendance.
- Fantastic festival food options no matter what your diet is.
- Bayfront Park is a great location for this festival. You feel like you’re in your own community and there’s plenty of space to sit and relax or catch some shade under a tree.
- Transportation options galore! You’ll get in and out of the festival easily with the help of the free Metro Mover, Metrorail, Metro Bus, or Uber – the exclusive ridesharing partner of the Festival.
- Bags are allowed but they must be clear. This actually speeds up the entry process since it’s easy to see contents of the bags, so you can get to the party even quicker.
- The lights and lasers and pyro are just stellar, especially once the sun goes down.
- Awesome merchandise! Be sure to stop by the merch tent (and it’s air conditioned too!)
- A lot of DJ’s use Ultra to debut new tracks for the new festival season, so you can say you heard it in person there first!
- Being able to say “I was there” to celebrate 20 amazing years of Ultra Music Festival – priceless.
Above & Beyond
Common Ground Miami
Miami Music Week is approaching quickly and we are excited! One of our must see’s is the trance trio Above & Beyond on Thursday, 3/22, at the RC Cola Plant. Bringing their emotive and feel-good vibes, the Common Ground producers will be joined at the massive show by Seven Lions, Gabriel & Dresden, Alpha 9 b2b Spencer Brown, and Jody Wisternoff b2b Luttrell.
Celebrating the release of their widely acclaimed new album ‘Common Ground’, 2018 looks set to become the biggest so far for the Anjuna head honchos. We are super pumped to see what they have in store for us in Miami.
The RC Cola Plant in Miami, which was abandoned in the early 1990’s, has became a haven for street artists and promises to play host to MMW’s most in-demand event, with Above & Beyond performing on the eve of the 20th anniversary of Ultra Music Festival in Miami.
Be sure to secure your tickets not for this unmissable MMW performance, in partnership with dance event organisers DiskoLab. They WILL sell out.